McCormick Caregiver Education Series
We recognize the multi-faceted role of providing care to someone with dementia. To help caregivers better understand their loved one’s journey and how they can best provide support while at the same time address their own emotions and needs, we have designed the Caregiver Education Series. This popular community program provides specialized support to caregivers by offering sessions on communication, care techniques, behaviour management as well as provides opportunities for shared group support and links to available community resources.
The Caregiver Education Series is offered as a five-week series of evening group sessions that are delivered by a combination of dementia experts in research, education, communications and social work.
Preregistration is required for the full program – we regret that registration for individual sessions is not available.
- February 7 to March 28, 2017
- April 11 to May 30, 2017
- August 15 to October 3, 2017
- October 10 to November 7, 2017
- Putting a Face on Dementia
- What do the Medical Experts say?
- Communication – Our Most Important Human Link
- All Behaviors Have a Meaning – What are Their Causes and How Do We Deal With Them?
- Caregiver Resources