By 2022, McCormick Care Group will be recognized as one of Canada’s leaders in innovative dementia care through robust staff development and a strategic research program.
Since 2012, the McCormick Care Group has been working toward responding to the growing need for dementia care and, in this latest set of strategic directions, will be focusing particularly on enhancing staff development and building a strategic research program in order to achieve this goal.
The strategic priorities for 2016 to 2019 are as follows:
- Strengthen our relationship-centred approach to care
- Create an environment that makes McCormick a preferred place to work
- Create an environment that is senior- and dementia-friendly
- Conduct research and transform knowledge into practice
- Build strategic partnerships
Along with the strategic directions, the board of directors has also released the organization’s updated vision, mission, and values:
To create a caring community in which clients, residents, family members and caregivers – especially those challenged by dementia – feel a sense of safety, belonging and purpose.
To champion care that enables people with dementia to lead meaningful lives and to strategically invest in innovative programs, staff development, knowledge sharing, best-practice applications, and research projects that focus on improving care.
The following principles will be used to guide our interactions with residents, families, staff and partners:
- Compassion: We listen to understand the hopes and needs of those we serve, and do our best to respond. We treat each other with kindness and dignity.
- Accountability: We earn the trust of those we serve, our teams and our partners by honouring our commitments. We carefully and responsibly manage our resources.
- Respect: We value diverse cultures and perspectives. We communicate honestly and politely. We nurture relationships with our clients, residents, and families, and advocate passionately on their behalf.
- Excellence: We bring our best to work every day and lead by example. We use current research evidence and best practice guidelines to continuously improve the care we provide. We celebrate our successes.
- Collaboration: We strengthen our teams, learn from each other and contribute to enhancing the health care system through respectful cooperation, knowledge sharing, and mutually beneficial partnerships.