Now that the heat of summer is upon us, it is important to stay active and healthy in ways that stave off the effects of higher temperatures. So with this new season upon us, how do you plan to keep your energy levels up?
As you know, keeping up your energy levels is important to maintaining good health and a positive outlook on life.
With the arrival of warmer weather, here are some tips on how to help you maintain a healthy glow and enjoy a wonderful summer.
- Keep moving – While it’s a little harder to find the motivation to exercise when it is hot outside, being sure to exercise indoors where there is adequate air conditioning and good ventilation to keep you cool as well as fit and healthy. Be sure to spend time doing some light stretching before you start your exercise to avoid over-exertion.
- Eat well – The summer brings with it a wide variety of seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables. Take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to eat an abundance of colourful produce, particularly for its hydration value.
- Sleep well – Proper sleep (eight hours a night for an adult) can help keep the body’s immune system healthy and fight off infections. Regular, moderate exercise; relaxation techniques and establishing a regular sleep routine may help to promote improved sleep.
- Reduce stress – While stress is a part of everyday life, and some stress helps us to meet challenging situations, excessive amounts may be linked to negative effects across a range of areas. Stress can lower your resistance to nasty bugs by depressing the immune system. Try some relaxation techniques or find some quiet time by yourself by sitting in a garden or going for a walk to build up your resistance to stress whenever possible.
- Stay hydrated – Don’t forget to keep drinking water! As the weather warms up and thirst increases, it is important to keep your own container of water within reach. The benefits of keeping hydrated are numerous!
By following these tips, you will be all set to enjoy this wonderful season and all it has to offer!