Philosophy of Resident Care
In keeping with the mission of the McCormick Care Group, the philosophy of relationship-centred care at McCormick Home promotes the establishment of quality relationships to provide compassionate care to those persons’ served requiring long-term care, those living with dementia, and those requiring respite care.
Our relationship-centred care philosophy moves away from the traditionally based medical model and achieves:
- A home that embraces the uniqueness of each person by learning about their cultural diversity, hopes and dreams
- Recognition that McCormick Home is the residents’ home
- A philosophy of partnership in that relationship-centred care works together with the resident, family, staff, volunteers and community
- Well-being, comfort and independence for all residents
- A dynamic and flexible plan of care that supports the rights, choices and uniqueness of each individual
- Collaborative work with our external partners to improve the health and well-being of our community
In order to achieve and maintain our high standards, it is vital for all McCormick Home team members to be committed to our philosophy of resident care.
It is our belief that:
- As members of the Home, we commit to the philosophy of relationship-centred care as we strive to serve persons with cognitive or physical limitations who can no longer meet their own needs without assistance.
- Excellence, in every aspect of care and service for residents, clients and families, is the only acceptable standard. Implementing best practices ensures that our residents receive the best care available.
- We actively engage with residents and families in supporting and recognizing their individual rights.
- We recognize that our responsibility is to all aspects of resident health – physical, psychological, social and spiritual.
- Our ethical conduct should reflect our values of compassion, accountability, respect, excellence and collaboration.
- It is our responsibility to develop policies and procedures that demonstrate our utmost respect for human life and the palliative process.
- We lead, co-operate and collaborate with community partners to provide integrated service, and we accomplish this through caring relationships with the people we serve.
We welcome interaction with community groups and respond to their suggestions.
The quality of relationship-centred care remains our highest priority within the context of our financial boundaries.
Our organizational growth is enhanced when those who advise and direct us model creative and supportive leadership.
Personal responsibility and accountability for growth and development are expected and encouraged by our organization.
High quality of care and personal and professional growth are supported by ongoing education, evaluation and monitoring.
Each person, resident and employee regardless of age, has the capacity for personal growth, enrichment of their living experience and personal satisfaction.
Interaction and sharing within the McCormick Care Group enhance quality of life and add an enriching dimension to the sense of family within our Home.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.