McCormick Care Group – COVID-19 Update
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
This is a McCormick Care Group – COVID-19 Update for Wednesday, August 19, 2020. We will continue to provide these updates twice weekly, on Mondays and Thursdays, or as needed.
There are no probable or suspected cases of COVID-19 among our residents or staff at this time.
As communicated, the essential caregiver program commenced on Monday, August 17, 2020. Please note the following reminders for essential visitors:
- You may visit your resident during one of the designated time blocks of either 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. or 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- You must wear a surgical mask provided by the home at all times during your visit. Failure to do so will cancel your essential caregiver privileges within the home.
- You are only permitted to visit your resident in their room or in the East Garden. If you are an approved caregiver assisting with meal service, you may attend the dining room for the meal service only.
- If you require assistance during your visit, please ring the call bell and a staff member will come to the room. Please refrain from visiting the nursing station unless there is an emergency.
- Refrain from socializing with other family members or residents while coming to or from your resident’s home area. Saying hello as you walk by is appropriate.
- If you are an approved essential caregiver and you have previously booked indoor or outdoor visits, these visits will now be cancelled to free up space for non-essential visitors.
A family Zoom call will be held on Monday, August 24, 2020, at 12:00 p.m. The details of this call will be shared by the end of the week.