McCormick Care Group – COVID-19 Update
Monday, December 7, 2020
This is a McCormick Care Group – COVID-19 Update for Monday, December 7, 2020. We will continue to provide these updates twice weekly, on Mondays and Thursdays, or as needed.
There are no probable or suspected cases of COVID-19 among our residents or staff at this time.
Effective today, London-Middlesex is designated as an Orange-Restrict public health region. As communicated on Friday, December 4, 2020, the following changes are in place as a result of this designation:
- All indoor visits are suspended until further notice.
- Residents are not permitted to leave the property unless for a medical appointment or compassionate reason, e.g., funeral.
- All caregivers and support workers coming into the home will be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test within the past week or entry to the home will not be permitted.
We recognize this requirement will put additional challenges and stressors upon our caregivers and may delay their visits in the upcoming week. As communicated during the family meeting, Carling Heights Assessment Centre continues to take walk-in appointments, so caregivers may choose that location as an option.
We are willing to provide tests for our caregivers, as long as this effort does not impact our ability to provide care and services to our residents. We will continue to evaluate how the process works and will provide an update in the coming weeks. Our first caregiver COVID-19 clinic is as follows:
- Thursday, December 10, 2020, between 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. and again from 3:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Please note that if your last test has lapsed beyond seven days, you will need to go to an assessment centre. Alternatively, you may call ahead to Nita at ext. 2300 to make arrangements to complete testing in the parking lot, as you will not be permitted entry into the home.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.