McCormick Care Group – COVID-19 Update
Wednesday, February 16, 2022
This is a McCormick Care Group update for Wednesday, February 16, 2022.
At this time, the next phase of the gradual easing of temporary enhanced measures continues to be on target for Monday, February 21, 2022. Homes have not yet received any guidance from the ministry on the next date in response to the accelerated provincial reopening.
At this time, effective Monday, February 21, 2022, the following changes will take effect:
- Resume all general visitors five years and older who have had at least two COVID-19 vaccine doses.
- Children under five years of age will continue to be restricted from entering a long-term care home, except for infants 12 months or younger.
- Increase limits on the number of visitors (including caregivers) that may visit a resident at one time to three.
- Expand social day absences to all residents regardless of vaccination status.
- Resume social overnight absences for residents who have had at least three COVID-19 vaccine doses.
At this time, vaccination requirements set by the Ministry of Long-Term Care continue to require that all staff, students, caregivers, support workers and volunteers receive their third dose of a COVID-19 vaccination by March 14, 2022, in order to be permitted entry into the home. We will be holding a COVID-19 vaccination clinic tomorrow, Thursday, February 17, 2022, with access to both Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. If you would like to book an appointment, please contact Arlene MacDonald, Infection Control Manager, at email@example.com or by calling ext. 2463.
Updates will be provided as information becomes available.
Have a wonderful day.