McCormick Care Group – COVID-19 Update
Thursday June 3, 2021
This is a McCormick Care Group – COVID-19 Update for Thursday, June 3, 2021.
The Ministry of Long-Term Care has just released further changes to both the visitor and resident absences policies. These changes will take effect June 9, 2021.
Highlights of the updates include:
- Essential caregivers who are fully vaccinated (i.e., who have received both doses and 14 days have passed since their last dose) will no longer have to wear eye protection.
- Non-essential indoor visitors (limited to one at a time) are permitted for residents who have mobility limitations or health conditions that make outdoor visits highly unlikely or impossible.
- Indoor visitors are required to be rapid tested and wait for their results prior to commencing any visits.
- Residents who are fully immunized will be permitted to go off the property for short-term social visits that are less than 24 hours in duration. Partially or unimmunized residents are not permitted to leave the property.
- Residents who wish to go on an overnight outing must submit their request in advance. They will require a PCR test upon their return and must remain in isolation until a negative result is obtained.
All essential caregivers are encouraged to submit proof of their vaccination to Tanya Pol, administrator, by e-mailing email@example.com as soon as possible. This information will enable us to verify caregiver requirements for eye protection.
A family Zoom meeting will be held to review these changes in more detail on Tuesday, June 8 at 6:00 p.m. Please make every effort to have someone from your family join in. The meeting details will be sent in a separate e-mail.
Have a wonderful day!