McCormick Care Group – COVID-19 Update
Wednesday, June 30, 2021
This is a McCormick Care Group – COVID-19 Update for Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
On Tuesday, June 29, 2021, the Ministry of Long-Term Care announced further easing of restrictions for long-term care residents, caregivers, and families to aide in planning their summer. The changes will take place on July 7, 2021, after the province enters Step Two of the broader reopening plan, as well as the changes that will take place once the province enters into Step Three of the broader plan.
Effective July 7, 2021
- The limit of two designated caregivers per resident is removed. Processes to designate persons as caregivers continue to be in place.
- A maximum of two designated caregivers per resident may visit inside the home at one time.
- Up to 10 people at a time may come for an outdoor visit with a long-term care home resident.
- All residents may have up to two general visitors and two caregivers at a time for an indoor visit.
- Co-horting of residents can be relaxed during outdoor activities.
- The Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health will be updating Directive #3. It is anticipated that this update will include reducing active screening of residents to once a day.
A family Zoom meeting will be held with the administrator on Thursday, July 8 at 6:30 p.m. to review the changes, discuss how the home can support the changes, and discuss future changes to come in Step Three. The Zoom meeting details will be sent out in a separate e-mail.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and support as we transition through the changes together. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and try to stay cool!