McCormick Care Group – COVID-19 Update
Friday, May 20, 2022
This is a McCormick Care Group update for Friday, May 20, 2022.
We regret to inform you that we have had one resident test positive on rapid testing for COVID-19 in our Memory Lane Home area and one resident on PCR in Oak Avenue.
The nursing team is in the process of commencing swabs on all residents in Memory Lane and Oak Avenue, and will be sent to the lab for processing as quickly as possible. As we wait for the PCR results, and after consultation with the Middlesex-London Health Unit, we are considered in a suspect outbreak in both Memory Lane and Oak Avenue home areas. A suspect outbreak is defined as one resident case of COVID-19. When in suspect outbreak the following restrictions are in place:
- Residents are not permitted to leave the home for social absences, which means residents from Memory Lane and Oak Avenue cannot go off the property at this time.
- Residents in these home areas are restricted to having one approved essential caregiver at a time; no general visitors are permitted at this time.
- Residents who are not suspected or confirmed cases do not have to isolate in their rooms but do have to cohort and remain within the home area.
- The health unit has granted approval for well residents from both home areas to have outdoor visits/walks with one approved essential caregiver, but require the caregiver to be masked at this time, and maintain physical distancing from other staff, residents or members of the public.
- As per the organizational policy, if the essential caregiver is unvaccinated or has not provided proof of vaccination, they are not permitted in a COVID-19 home area.
We ask for your ongoing diligence in following public health measures and monitoring yourself for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please contact Arlene MacDonald, infection control manager, at 519-432-2648, ext. 2463 or firstname.lastname@example.org.