McCormick Care Group – COVID-19 Update
Friday May 21, 2021
This is a McCormick Care Group – COVID-19 Update for Friday, May 21, 2021.
The Ministry of Long-Term Care has just released an update to the Visitor Policy for Long-Term Care to align with the government’s release of its “Roadmap to Reopen.” The government is expediting the ability of family members and friends to visit their loved ones who live in long-term care homes across the province.
As a result of this announcement, effective May 22, 2021, general visitors can come to LTC homes to see their loved ones for an outdoor visit. The following guidelines are required for outdoor visitors:
- Maximum of two general visitors at a time per resident in addition to essential caregiver(s). Please note: Children under the age of two years do not count toward the general visitor maximum.
- General visitors need to be actively screened upon arrival and should not proceed beyond entry points/areas in homes. You will not be permitted into the home to use the washroom.
- General visitors do not need to undergo a rapid antigen test as their visit will be outdoors.
- General visitors need to maintain physical distancing (regardless of vaccination status) and wear masks.
- All visitors must wear a mask or face covering that covers their mouth, nose and chin at all times. Residents should also be masked, where tolerated.
With the short notice period, the home will make every effort to accommodate requests for general visitors this weekend. Staffing may be a challenge to assist with portering residents to and from visits, so we ask for your patience. Visits will be offered between 10:00am and 4:00pm over the weekend and next week further communication will be provided around outdoor visits.
If you wish to book a pre-scheduled outdoor visit, please contact front reception at 519-432-2648, ext. 2300 after 1:00 p.m. today to schedule your visit. Outdoor visits will be limited to 30 minutes per resident. Thank you for your patience as we adjust to this change,
Wishing you a wonderful long weekend!