McCormick Care Group – COVID-19 Update #2
Wednesday, May 4, 2022
This is a second McCormick Care Group update for Wednesday, May 4, 2022.
Following inquiries from family members seeking clarification on our current outbreaks within the home, we have consulted with the health unit for more information.
At this time, both Oak Avenue and Willow Ridge are classified as being in outbreak status by the Middlesex-London Health Unit. As a result of the outbreak classification, the following applies to both home areas:
- Residents are not permitted to leave the home for social absences, which means residents on these two home areas are unable to leave the property for Mother’s Day.
- Both homes areas are restricted to residents having one approved essential caregiver at a time; no general visitors are permitted at this time.
- Residents who are not suspected or confirmed as being infected do not have to isolate in their rooms but do have to cohort and remain within the home area.
- The health unit has granted approval for well residents from both home areas to have outdoor visits/walks with one approved essential caregiver, but require the caregiver to be masked and maintain physical distancing from other staff, residents or members of the public at this time.
- As per the organizational policy, if the essential caregiver is unvaccinated or has not provided proof of vaccination, they are not permitted in a COVID-19 home area.
- At this time, if no new cases develop, the tentative outbreak resolution date for Willow Ridge would be May 13, 2022, and the tentative outbreak resolution date for Oak Avenue would be May 12, 2022.
We ask for your ongoing diligence in following public health measures and monitoring yourself for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please contact Arlene MacDonald, infection control manager, at 519-432-2648, ext. 2463 or firstname.lastname@example.org.