McCormick Care Group – COVID-19 Update
Wednesday, May 4, 2022
This is a McCormick Care Group update for Wednesday, May 4, 2022.
We are pleased to report that all of the resident PCR tests completed on Willow Ridge yesterday came back negative for COVID-19, and no additional cases have been identified.
A suspect outbreak is defined by the ministry directive as one single lab-confirmed COVID-19 case in a resident. The Middlesex-London Health Unit sends the home a list of outbreak measures that we must follow under their direction and authority. The measures in place are as follows:
- Confirmed resident cases will be isolated in their rooms for 10 days from onset.
- Residents who are not suspected or confirmed cases do not have to isolate in their rooms but do have to cohort and remain within the home area.
- The health unit has granted approval for well residents to have outdoor visits/walks with an approved essential caregiver, but require the caregiver to be masked at this time.
- Willow Ridge visitors are limited to one approved essential caregiver at a time; no general visitors are permitted at this time.
- As per the organizational policy, if the essential caregiver is unvaccinated or has not provided proof of vaccination, they are not permitted in a COVID-19 home area.
- The suspect outbreak and associated measures will remain in place for 10 days from the latest case.
We ask for your ongoing diligence in following public health measures and monitoring yourself for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please contact Arlene MacDonald, infection control manager, at 519-432-2648, ext. 2463 or email@example.com.