McCormick Care Group – COVID-19 Update
Thursday, May 5, 2022
This is a McCormick Care Group update for Thursday, May 5, 2022.
We regret to inform you that the respiratory outbreak (rhinovirus) has been expanded to include Memory Lane, as we have two residents who are now displaying cold symptoms.
At this time, three of the five home areas within the home are in outbreak status:
- Memory Lane
- Oak Avenue
- Willow Ridge
As a result of the outbreak classification, the following applies to these home areas:
- Residents are not permitted to leave the home for social absences, which unfortunately means that residents from these home areas cannot go off the property for Mother’s Day.
- Residents can have one approved essential caregiver visitor at a time; no general visitors are permitted.
- Residents who are not displaying signs of infection do not have to isolate in their rooms but do have to cohort and remain within the home area.
- The health unit has granted approval for well residents from outbreak home areas to have outdoor visits/walks with one approved essential caregiver at this time, but require the caregiver to be masked and to maintain physical distancing from other staff, residents or members of the public.
- As per the organizational policy, if the essential caregiver is unvaccinated or has not provided proof of vaccination, they are not permitted in a COVID-19 home area.
We ask for your ongoing diligence in following public health measures and monitoring yourself for signs and symptoms of illness.
Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please contact Arlene MacDonald, infection control manager, at 519-432-2648, ext. 2463 or email@example.com.