McCormick Care Group – Home Update
Thursday, October 3, 2023
We have just received confirmation from the Middlesex-London Public Health Unit that Memory Lane is in a confirmed COVID-19 outbreak. We currently have five confirmed and three suspected resident cases. One staff member has also tested positive.
Please see the below restrictions that will be coming into effect immediately:
· All residents will be encouraged to remain in their rooms due to the high level of exposure and risk of transmission currently present. In-room meal service will be provided. Residents who require mealtime assistance may have their meals the dining room with a staff member present. Social distancing measures will be effect.
· Residents will be set up with one-on-one programming activities.
· All staff will be wearing N-95 masks and googles when in the Memory Lane home area. General visitors to Memory Lane are being asked to postpone all non-essential visits to residents within this home area for the duration of the outbreak. Essential caregivers are permitted to visit one at a time and are encouraged to protect themselves by wearing N-95 masks.
· Please note that masks should not be removed at any time while in the home area, including in resident rooms. Supplies are available by the Memory Lane entrance door.
· All residents will remain in the Memory Lane home area. Absences will be granted only for medical, palliative or compassionate care reasons.
· Residents who test positive for COVID-19 will be isolated for 10 days. If they are asymptomatic prior to the end of 10 days, residents may leave their room for walks in the immediate area with a staff member.
· We recognize that many residents in Memory Lane are unable to tolerate wearing a mask. As a result, we will be increasing our cleaning and disinfection of all high-touch surface areas.
· As an added precaution, we are now requiring that all visitors to the home, regardless of the home area, wear masks when in resident rooms.
We recognize that there are an increasing number of COVID-related infections in the community. Please do your utmost to follow infection prevention and control measures, particularly during the approaching Thanksgiving weekend.
Once again, we thank you for your understanding and cooperation toward restricting any further spread of this infection.
Steve Crawford, CEO
McCormick Care Group