Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
2022 Kains Road
Number of beds: 160
Website address: www.mccormickhome.ca
CEO – Steve Crawford
Administrator – Lynn Mellows
Director of Nursing and Personal Care – Kerri Gaffney
Infection and Prevention Control Manager – Loralee VanBeest
Ministry of Long-Term Care Complaints/Concerns (toll free): 1-866-434-0144 (hours of operation: 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., seven days a week)
Air Conditioning at McCormick Home
McCormick Home offers air conditioning in all common areas and tempered air systems with enhanced cooling capacity in resident bedrooms for resident comfort. These systems combine to maintain temperatures at a comfortable level for residents during periods of hot weather.
Continuous Quality Improvement
The interim report for the 2022-2023 fiscal year is now available here. The final report for the year ended March 31, 2023, will be available online by June 30, 2023
The requirement for long-term care homes to have documented emergency plans for specified emergencies was initiated in 2010 under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, third-party reviews (such as Ontario’s Long-Term Care COVID-19 Commission and Auditor General’s reports), sector feedback, and an increasing frequency of extreme weather, the emergency planning requirements were expanded in the Fixing Long-Term Care Act, 2021 under Ontario Regulation 246/22.
The review of existing emergency plans for McCormick Home is well underway. The importance of this exercise cannot be overstated as it provides an opportunity to review our emergency preparedness in light of our COVID-19 experience and the ministry’s request. The specific requirements identified in the regulations are addressed in our Emergency Management Policy Manual and our Infection Prevention and Control Policy Manual. All policies have been reviewed and updated as required. Full copies of these policies are available upon request by e-mailing email@example.com.
These policies reflect our foremost commitment to the health and safety of those we care for and work with. Our ongoing commitment is reflected in the following activities:
- Holding planning and consultation meetings with Ontario Health West, City of London Emergency Management, County of Middlesex, London Fire Department, Middlesex Borough Fire Department, London Police Services, Middlesex Borough Police Department, Middlesex-London Paramedic Services, St. Joseph Health Care, London Health Sciences Centre, the Middlesex-London Health Unit, the Facility Liaison Group, industry partners, and the Family and Resident Councils and pharmacy provider at McCormick Home.
- Enhancing the outbreak management team and developing an emergency planning team at McCormick Home.
- Engaging in regular consultations with the Middlesex-London Health Unit on the updating of our existing emergency plans and pandemic planning.
- Updating respective plans to address outbreaks of communicable diseases and outbreaks of diseases of public health significance, including epidemics and pandemics. This work includes, but is not limited to, updating home processes related to staffing, isolation and cohorting.
- In consultation with McCormick Home’s dedicated infection prevention and control lead, ensuring the home has a robust process for resourcing supplies, personal protective and emergency response equipment, and ensuring that proper storage, inventory, distribution and product expiration management controls are in place.
- Ensuring that all emergency and fire plan policies remain current.
- Maintaining the home’s ability to communicate with families and staff quickly and effectively.
- Conducting full building evacuations and worst-case scenario drills, and scheduling all annually required emergency exercises.
- Ensuring the home’s emergency relocation agreements are in place and up to date.
- Ensuring emergency-related training for volunteers and students on an ongoing basis.
- Seeking best-practice guidance for enhancing our existing hazard identification and risk assessment process.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
 Ontario. Ministry of Long-Term Care, “Long-Term Care Emergency Preparedness Manual”, May 2022
The visitor policy, as amended from time to time, is available here.
For more information, please contact us.