McCormick Care Group
- Reinvigorate. Refresh. Revitalize. McCormick Care Group Announces Latest Strategic Plan February 28, 2023Strategic Plan 2022-2025 Aim By 2025, McCormick Care Group will be recognized as one of Canada’s leaders in innovative dementia care, embracing exceptional employee experiences. Vision Specializing in dementia care, we create a caring, inclusive community in which everyone feels a sense of safety, belonging, purpose and well-being. Mission We provide innovative relationship-centered care […]
- Three-Year Accreditation Awarded for Quality Long-Term and Dementia Care January 30, 2023An exciting opportunity exists for an Administrator at McCormick Home, a fully accredited, charitable home caring for 160 residents with a proud history of providing high quality care for seniors and others requiring long-term care in London.
- Message to Families from CEO – September 2 2022 September 2, 2022Message to Families from CEO September 2, 2022 Dear Members of the McCormick Care Group Community, I would like to provide further information regarding the air conditioning compliance order from the Ministry of Long-Term Care. I acknowledge that many of you may have some concerns over this issue and the related news coverage. We hope […]
- McCormick Home Statement on Ministry Air Conditioning Compliance Order August 26, 2022McCormick Home Statement on Ministry Air Conditioning Compliance Order Our residents’ quality of life is our top priority, and we work diligently every day to ensure their comfort, safety and wellbeing. We provide cooled air to our residents’ rooms using a tempered air system with enhanced cooling, which enables us to remain within the ministry’s […]
- Letter to Families-Air Conditioning July 28 2022 July 28, 2022Letter to Families-Air Conditioning Thursday, July 28, 2022 Dear Resident Families: Earlier today CBC London published a story entitled, “3 London long-term care homes are still without air conditioning in all rooms”, which identified McCormick Home as one of the three homes. McCormick Home has tempered air systems with enhanced cooling capacity in all resident […]
- McCormick Care Group – A Year in Review 2021-2022 July 19, 2022An exciting opportunity exists for an Administrator at McCormick Home, a fully accredited, charitable home caring for 160 residents with a proud history of providing high quality care for seniors and others requiring long-term care in London.
- Innovative PSW project involving Western University and McCormick Dementia Services receives support from Future Skills Centre May 13, 2022The Project-Be EPIC is an innovative program that trains personal support workers (PSWs) caring for persons living with dementia. Many PSWs are at mid-career having transitioned from other sectors, and few have received adequate dementia skills development training. Read More
- A Salute to our Volunteers! April 22, 2022Recently, McCormick Home began administering rapid antigen test testing for its staff, essential caregivers, support workers, and anyone entering the home. This new practice marks a departure from the standard COVID-19 test that has been regularly conducted at the home.
- McCormick Home Announces Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccinations for Staff September 8, 2021September 8, 2021 McCormick Care Group has announced that it is moving to a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for its staff members, effective October 31, 2021. This announcement, which includes all staff at McCormick Home and McCormick Dementia Services, falls in line with similar policies being enacted by health and long-term care organizations across Ontario […]
- McCormick Care Group – COVID-19 Outbreak Updates September 3, 2021Update Sunday, September 5, 2021 We are pleased to report that the second PCR test completed on the third staff member who tested positive came back negative this morning! In addition, all test results for residents on Oak Avenue came back negative as well! After consultation with public health this morning, this negative result will […]
Latest Dimensions Newsletter
- Navigating Health Care Appointments February 22, 2023An important part of staying healthy involves occasionally going to appointments with your health care provider. Ensuring you make the most out of these appointments to share and receive the information you need is imperative. Here are a few tips to help you prepare for and get the most out of these experiences.
- The Life and Legacy of Thomas McCormick February 22, 2023We are pleased to share an in-depth look at our benefactor, Mr. Thomas McCormick, whose generous support of the Women’s Christian Association enabled them to continue their care for the elderly in our community – a legacy dating back to 1892. This presentation is the latest in our offering of Women’s Christian Association presentations that outline […]
- Website Navigation Made Easy February 22, 2023Did you know that there is a dynamic and helpful accessibility feature on all our McCormick websites? ReachDeck enables visitors to access read-aloud technology as well as offers clear, visual guides to highlight and enlarge text as it is being read. In addition, ReachDeck can instantly translate our website into more than 90 languages. If […]
- McCormick Care Group Announces 2023 Values Award Winner February 22, 2023We are extremely pleased to announce that Gail Collins is our 2023 Employee Values Award winner! This year’s award focuses on the value of Excellence, which is described in the McCormick strategic plan as follows: We use current research evidence and best-practice guidelines to improve the care we provide. We advocate for system change. We […]
- Latest Webinars February 22, 2023One can never overestimate the power of music for people with dementia. Music provides an important connection to memory and can be used in many different ways. Music can be a powerful source of joy and comfort for people with dementia and for those around them.”
- Three-Year Accreditation Achieved February 22, 2023One can never overestimate the power of music for people with dementia. Music provides an important connection to memory and can be used in many different ways. Music can be a powerful source of joy and comfort for people with dementia and for those around them.”
- Optimizing the Design of Living Spaces for People with Dementia January 30, 2019Back to Research Activity Print December 2018 Optimizing the Design of Living Spaces for People with Dementia Description: McCormick Dementia Research is working with Fanshawe College on a research study of the design of living spaces and the associated impacts on quality of life for people with dementia. Purpose: McCormick Dementia Research is committed to […]
- Technology and the Use of Tablets to Facilitate Care Documentation January 30, 2019Back to Research Activity Print December 2018 Technology and the Use of Tablets to Facilitate Care Documentation Description: McCormick Dementia Research is working with Fanshawe College on a research study involving the use of tablet technology to facilitate the way resident care is documented. Purpose: McCormick Dementia Research is committed to conducting, supporting, sharing and […]
- The Impact of Data Collection Methods on Fall Prevention January 30, 2019Back to Research Activity Print December 2018 The Impact of Data Collection Methods on Fall Prevention Description: McCormick Dementia Research is working with Fanshawe College on a research study of whether or not the data-collection process for a resident’s health status and care plan impacts the frequency of falls. Purpose: McCormick Dementia Research is committed […]
- Animal Assisted Therapy Project Phase II September 15, 2016Back to Research Activity Print September 14, 2016 Joint Research Project with King’s University College Moving into Phase II: A Study of the Staff Perspective and Experience of Animal-Assisted Therapy in Managing Dementia-Related Behaviours Description: The second phase of the research study of the impacts of animal therapy on managing aggressive behaviours in people with […]
- Animal Assisted Therapy Project July 7, 2016Back to Research Activity Print July 6, 2016 Joint Research Project with King’s University College to Study Impact of Animal Assisted Therapy on Dementia-Related Behaviours Description: A Master of Social Work candidate from King’s University College is researching the impacts of the Nourishing Hearts Animal Assisted Interventions program on managing behaviours exhibited by people with […]
- Actigraph Research Project with St. Joseph’s Health Care September 4, 2015Back to Research Activity Print September 4, 2015 Announcement of Actigraph Research Project with St. Joseph’s Health Care Description: A study of the physical movements of people with dementia may assist in predicting the onset of agitated behavioural responses and enable caregiver s to proactively redirect or reduce such behaviours. Purpose: In keeping with the […]
- Enhanced Caregiver Series March 13, 2015Back to Research Activity Print March 13, 2015 Enhanced Caregiver Series: WCA Collaborates with Western University and Behavioural Supports Ontario with the Support of McCormick Care Foundation Description: The WCA, Behavioural Supports Ontario and Western University, with the support of McCormick Care Foundation, are conducting a pilot project to develop an enhanced education series for […]
- Therapeutic Garden Project June 1, 2014Back to Research Activity Print The WCA, the McCormick Care Foundation, and Westminster College Foundation Support a Therapeutic Garden Project at Fanshawe College and Alzheimer Outreach Services Description: In partnership with the McCormick Care Foundation, the Westminster College Foundation, and Fanshawe College, the WCA is supporting a therapeut ic garden research project. Conducted at the […]
- Announcement of Joint Research Project with the Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care on Adult Day Program Evaluation March 1, 2014Back to Research Activity Print Announcement of Joint Research Project with the Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care on Adult Day Program Evaluation Description: The WCA and the Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care will be conducting a joint study on the quality of adult day programs and their impact on the overall wellbeing of clients and […]